Below is our pick of the most interesting ore deposit-related events worldwide in 2015:
- January 26-29: Mineral Exploration Roundup, Vancouver, BC, Canada (including short courses on: understanding alteration, giant mineral deposit models, 3D integrated interpretation for geologic modelling and deep exploration targeting, etc.).
- February 7-8: Geology of gold deposits short course, Cape Town, South Africa.
- February 27 - March 4: PDAC Convention, Trade Show & Investors Exchange, Toronto, Canada (including short courses on: structural geology of gold and copper deposits, geology of copper deposit types, geophysics, mineral reserve estimation, etc.).
- February 28 - March 1: SEG-SRK workshop on the evaluation of diamond kimberlites, Toronto, Canada.
- May 1-2: Geology of granite-greenstone terranes and their mineral deposits - course held prior to the GAC-MAC joint assembly, Montreal, Canada.
- September 26-30: SEG-CODES conference ‘World-class ore deposits: discovery to recovery’, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (including short courses on: Carlin-type gold deposits, uranium geology, understanding alteration, skarn deposits, aeromagnetic interpretation, structural geology, etc.).
[More events of interest can be found listed on the webpage of the Society of Economic Geologists - SEG, in the section ‘Events’]
At the SGA ‘orogenic gold’ short course in Uppsala, Sweden (2013)